Refrigerators with a freezer are great because they offer you two different ways to store chilled products in one convenient package.
Have you ever come home from a grocery store and wanted to play Tetris, trying to fit everything into this limited space? It’s frustrating, especially if you have a family or like to cook.
If you decide to solve this problem with an upright freezer, the FFFH20F2QW may be what you are looking for. This large upright freezer without freezing can be the ideal solution for your freezing needs.
The FFFH20F2QW is a frost-free freezer, which looks a lot like a refrigerator. It stands upright and takes up much less space than a freezer of the same size.
So it can be easier to store it in the basement or garage or even in a kitchen equipped with a fridge.
This freezer not only takes up less space, but is also equipped with shelves and racks.
Unlike a freezer of similar size, you can organize your food as you wish. You don’t have to mess around with old food like you do with a normal freezer.
Frigidaire FFH20F2QWProperties and specifications
This freezer is a 20.2 cubic meter freezer with a 13.1 square meter shelf.
It weighs 185 pounds when empty and 210 pounds when shipped.
In total it is 72 3/8 inches high, 27 1/2 inches deep and 34 inches wide.
The interior measures 65 1/8 inches high, 24 3/8 inches deep and 32 inches wide.
Because of its special character, the absence of frost, you don’t have to worry about the occasional thawing, as is the case in a freezer.
It is also equipped with an adjustable temperature controller, a power-on indicator and a lock on the lowering button.
Other features are:
- Four fixed wire shelves
- Six door compartments across the full width
- A detachable plate at the bottom
- An inner light
- Two adjustable feet
- Mechanical temperature controller
- Energy Star Rating
- Developed, designed and produced in the United States.
Each Frigidaire product comes with a full warranty and you can purchase a comprehensive service contract. The service contract includes the following services:
- Up to three years free repair
- Home service with a free phone call
- Factory parts installed by Frigidair trained technicians
- Complete replacement of the product, if necessary
- Money back guarantee, i.e. if you are not satisfied with your service, you will be refunded the unused part of your service contract.
Most retailers also offer their limited warranty on the Frigidaire freezer.
How does the FFFH20F2QW compare to other large freezers?
The FFFH20F2QW is a good freezer. However, freezers from other major brands are the same size and price. The hot tub and Kenmore sell 20 cubic meters and upright freezers.
Fundamental differences between Frigidaire freezers and these other freezers include fast cooling technology, compatibility with ice machines and alarms for high temperatures and open doors.
The 20 cubic meter spa freezer has features that the FFFH20F2QW does not have. The Whirlpool WZF79R20DW is equipped with electronic temperature control, a temperature alarm that warns you of high temperatures and a quick freeze function that allows you to freeze a large number of foods very quickly.
It also works with ice machines, which you may or may not need, depending on the equipment in your existing fridge and freezer.
These chairs are therefore slightly more expensive than the FFFH20F2QW. They come with a standard limited warranty that guarantees one year’s maintenance by factory certified technicians.
You also have an Extended Service Plan that you can purchase that covers repairs for up to five years from the date of purchase. There is no excess, but you do have to pay for certain repairs and spare parts – the service contract entitles you to a substantial discount.
The Whirlpool freezer seems to be sensitive to early setbacks. Many reviews of Best Buy and Lowe’s show that those who bought them died a few months after purchase.
In fact, one of the critics of Best Buy says that the store has replaced its second spa in Frigidaire.
Kenmore also has its own 20.2 cubic metre freezer. Like the FFFH20F2QW, it does not freeze and claims to prevent the freezer from burning. It has the same number of shelves and doors, but at the bottom there are no supports or baskets.
In its characteristics and limitations, this freezer is almost identical to the 20.2 cubic foot Frigidaire freezer. One of the problems with the Kenmore freezer is that it is so tightly closed that you can move the whole freezer by simply trying to open it. The Frigidaire freezer also closes tight, but not so tight that it is difficult to open.
This may be a better offer than the Frigidaire freezer, but there is no guarantee that you will get such a large discount. It comes with a one-year limited service warranty, including free repair and replacement if you meet all conditions.
Advantages and disadvantages of the cooling unit FFFH20F2QW
Like everything you buy (especially the big cards), the FFFH20F2QW has advantages and disadvantages.
- Don’t worry about defrosting like a freezer.
- Racks and door system make it easy to organise meals
- Racks are arranged to maximize space
- You can add baskets for other organizations
- The door safes are closed at the bottom to prevent small objects from escaping.
- The door has a durable seal
- The fold-down door lock prevents you from accidentally leaving the key in the door.
- LED interior lighting
- Keeps food frozen, even at high temperatures.
- No frills means fewer things can go wrong, while the spa freezer has a number of different small features that can go wrong.
- Energy Star certification means you know you’re saving money on energy consumption.
- No alarms for open doors, high temperatures or power failures
- No wheels, so it won’t be easy for you to move it.
- Mechanical control means it is more difficult to determine the exact temperature at which you have installed the freezer, unlike the spa’s electronic control.
- No fast freezing technology like Whirlpool and Amana, so you can lose some freshness while your food is frozen.
- The compressor and fan can be noisy, especially when compared to the spa and Amana.
- The power cord is short, so you may need an extension cord to connect it to
- Like Whirlpool and Kenmore, this freezer can be susceptible to premature failure.
Our recent thoughts
We have collected this information from the Frigidaire website and feedback from The Home Depot, Lowe’s and Best Buy. In general, it is a high quality freezer that can be placed in many places where the freezer is not suitable.
It is functional and does not have so many decorations that it is difficult to exploit. A design without redundancy also means fewer errors, so you have less need to repair the little things.
Frigidaire is also an excellent brand in general. If you are looking for a good standing freezer, the FFFH20F2QW is a good choice.
upright freezer with ice maker,freezers for sale,costco upright freezer,vertical freezer,cheap upright freezer
Disclosure: We are a professional review company & our reviews are not biased towards any of the products we review. We test each product thoroughly and give marks to only the very best that is given by our author. We are very independently owned & the opinions expressed here are our own. However, if you purchase anything after clicking the links present in the articles then we get some commissions for it which help maintaining the websites expenses like servers, security etc.